Short guide to LT'ing

Babbling incoherently
Cpt_Shakesbeard
Suckaburdus the Shiteater

Short guide to LT'ing

Unread post#1 » 08 Mar 2015 22:58

So with the personal missions and view range nerfs, the interest/demand for Light tanks has risen. More and more people come to the point when they want to try it either for fun or the missions.

This guide won't cover all. I will put in what i can from my own experience. This includes "my" usual starting positions/routes/areas of interest, t8 lights and their crews+equipment, and some general info.

Don't expect all possible routes for all playstyles and what-not! This will cover mostly my playstyle (which might not suit some) and my tanks. I still think the info will be more then welcome for anyone, as you will know a bit more what to expect frome good light players, and you can counter it maybe or blindshot some bushes at least ;)

The Golden Rule

Collect intel from start to finish and try to spot/shoot without going "all-in" as much as possible. Survive as long as you can because you are the mid-end game machine!

Cpt_Shakesbeard

Re: Short guide to LT'ing

Unread post#2 » 08 Mar 2015 23:25

Light tanks - T8

AMX 13 90
Pros:
- autoloader
- camo and mobility
Cons:
- Aim time and accuracy

RU 251
Pros:
- gun
- speed and mobility
Cons:
- shooting backwards
- tank length

T49
Pros:
- derp effect when you manage to hit
Cons:
- bad camo and size
- terrible gun aim time and accuracy

T54light
Pros:
- bouncy armor
- ok'ish gun with apcr ammo
- very good terrain passability and overall mobility
Cons:
- AP shell penetration
- view range with bad crew

WZ-132
Pros:
- good camo and mobility
- decent gun
- need to check after patch
Cons:
- not bouncy as t54l
- need to check after patch

Cpt_Shakesbeard

Unread post#3 » 08 Mar 2015 23:50

MAPS

Legend:
Red dots - bushes/passive spots
Orange dots - semi active
Blue lines - active routes

Airfield
Usually i like to do middle actively and thats it. If you have a good spawn you can spot their heavies on start. Upper rock spot i dont like, its to chokey (maybe if you expect full lemming there and camp of TD's on ridge).

El Halluf
The south spots get blindshoted allot (you should also do it) thats why marked semi active. Interchange between them. I dont like to drop down soon, as there are usually rushing meds there. The north rock thing i don't really use that much as i can spot the crossing actively.

Erlenberg
Not much to say, i do it as it's drawn. Each side starting spot for crossing tanks. Each side has a passive bush to spot base rushers. Allot of ridges on both sides to do active spots on the other side aswell.

Fisherman's Bay
Here i play very dependant on what the teams have (heavies, meds etc.). If im the only scout with moderate heavies on enemy side, i'll do active spots on bay entry. If there are mostly meds/td's/lights on enemy side - maybe switch to left active spot. And lastly if there's a light doing the active stuff, i'd go check valley, or if you expect a rush there.

Karelia
Not really a brainer, if you have a good medium force in need of assistance help them take the hill. If you think they wont need your help there spot upper side and middle then advance if you can for arty etc.

Malinovka
The whole spotting is done almost the same from both sides (difference is possibilities of active/passive spots). 3 fazes, spot on start for early shots - get out and continue the spots on middle and hill entry. Lastly you can climb hill in some cases but have a quick way out.

Murovanka
Another reworked map - meaning its like a big mirror mostly. Very active map, choose a side on start based on team positioning, spot one side quickly and then act accordingly.

Prokhorovka
Work the middle. Hill is optional is case of many good lights but don't trust them to much. From north this map is easier for scouts as you can use the first red bush till you clear the middle from scouts. Then you can advance very safely to b! position. From south do the active runs instead on middle and take some shots on hillside if its spotted. Its very important to try and actively spot their scout going for those two bushes i mentioned from north. If you get spotted on your side of the ridge blindshoot the bushes. a! positiong is not good as a good north scout will spot you easily going there.

Redshire
Better north side again for scouts. Use the ridge on start and try to get into the bush without dropping trees. Expect some blindshots soon. If someone else is doing it, you can try to spot middle and left sideline. From south you should try to do active run on right to spot tanks crossing river. Being there also blindshoot the northside bush if you deduce the light is there. If you go to the bush be SURE their light won't be there or any other spotter - it's very risky from this side. After the right side is done spotting you can switch to left side and work on sideline and middle snipers.

Sand River
North side - if you have enough meds and think they won't need help on hill, go south and spot sideline. Otherwise just go hill, spotting the ridge inbetween. South side - go to passive spot (it works really well the bush). You could only get spotted by a rush light in lower village. After that go north if needed on hill or advance on arty, or do the south spot if theres a push expected (should spot some of them from passive spot anyway).

Serene Coast
Dependant on team. If you think the meds will do the left side ridge, you can go spot right side on start. Other way around if you see your heavies pushing right. Both spawns have some anti-cap positions marked on map. Middle is also viable but i'm not getting this map so much to try allot of stuff anyway.

South Coast
I hate this map. North side is really shitty, just try to spot something from either passive or semi active markers and then fuck around ;). You can try to peek over the ridge on the right side of the map. From south you have more options really. You can spot their middle snipers from two positions and then advance to the middle. In case they have allot of meds you think will snipe from right - go spot them from start - you will also spot their snipers from base. Be carefull though and have a quick way out.

Steppes
Very mirrored map in my opninion and mostly suited for active scouting and flanking. Spot a side on start to find the mainforce. Then act. Both sides have semi-active decap positions. There are also two passive bushes in the middle - one for each side - but i didn't make much use of it.

Swamp
Hacker map. From north you can spot their arty climbing and kill it - dont stay long in the middle though. After that you can go passive spot base entry if needed (large force) or you can work the ridge and topside. From south its a bit more tricky, you can do a good early route (bit risky) but after that its either ridge and north base entry or spotting the left side push and little hill.

Tundra
Hate the map, its boring and ugly. Total mirror, active style mostly with some ridge working. Don't go on hill if not needed, but try to get shots on it at start. If hill is empty you can work it maybe.

Westfield
At the moment this map is very dependant on food and crews and camo values. North side has the advantage, you rush the middle bush and spot everything trying to go on 0 line. Other scout can go up and try to advance bush by bush into the corner. From south you can do active run through middle, or make use of a good spawn and get up the 0 line to get advantage.

Himmelsdorf
Dont rush, wait for opportunity and try to be as usefull as possible.

Abbey
Allot you can do here, good mirror. You can spot middle or 8 line on start and get some early kills if lucky with teams. From north you can work middle from around the abbey and sneak in. If 1-2 is empty and you have cover in front, you can get shots on middle from both sides passively and actively depending on the situation.

Arctic Region
North has a good passive bush, south one is a bit worse but can still spot the defensive force in valley. You can also work north from both sides

Cliff
Try to climb the hill on start. You will spot allot in the process and if you see allot of tanks around 3,4 line beware. South spawn is easier for hill then north one. You can also spot 1,2 line but its mostly useless so dont.

Ensk
Try to spot middle rails for crossing tanks, maybe you catch arty. After that check whats going on the field and work it.

Fjords
Both sides have a spot on middle you can use on start. After that you can go hill (if ur not there from start) or continue spotting middle and working on that.

Lakeville
Well here you can do many things. In t10 i actually prefer a sturdy medium doing the middle spotting from rock. As a light you can use the passive bushes marked, but they are risky, as you need to be positioned really well in them. Otherwise you can make a starting active route to city (bushes there are usable but i havent done it for some time). Of course if all this is covered you can spot valley semi-active.

Live Oaks
Active map from start to finish. I usually actively spot the north from both sides, just taking a circle or two to see what goes to the city. After that you can work middle and push close to swampy ridge towards their base. Other position is south, where you can work with your meds.

Highway
Depending on medium tank numbers on both sides you can gamble a bit. From north spawn i find the bridge position better as you can spot them all up. From south its also usable but the cover is worse. Both corners have areas you can go to and spot actively and work with the mediums.

Mines
*TESTED* you cant ger up the hill anymore so forget about it:). Calculate your chances and usability on hill and take your lacryballs with you up if you decide so. Otherwise i find the island area good to push and be annoying from - if they dont camp mediums there.

Mountain Pass
North side has a nice bush infront of the rock. Use it and you will spot things crossing and camping on corner. Then you can continue ahead with your allies if needed. From the south i usually dont use those bushes but i just go to the yellow markers and check snipe valley rushers and some tanks on their side etc.

Pearl River
I hate this map. I'm not doing left side anymore for some time. From the north i'm usually spotting the upper valley quickly ahead of heavies and then relocate where needed (middle/left flank). From the south i find it easier to play. You can do same upper side quickspot and climb up to spot their middle force at yellow marker (usually meds or lights). At start you can also go straight middle or left flank actively.

Ruinberg
In rare cases you could go middle (good shots on right village esp. from south spawn) but i highly advise not to. Let a medium do it if theres a chance to make it effective. Both sides have passive bushes in the back when the enemy has mediums and you have none almost. Its a defensive action. Otherwise go on the village and spot/work the mediums and snipers in the back.

Sacred Valley
South side has a kinky north bush from which you can spot some early tanks goind middle/upside. Then you can work on middle if they have a light there and stuff. Same goes for noth spawn but you do it semi-active, spotting their tanks crossing to the north. I like to go on the hill lately and if you expect a yolo push from the hill, you can use semiactive positions on both sides as marked.

Siegfried Line
The 0 line is spottable from both sides in case of expected idiot lights/meds rush or something (when you have enough quick tanks around the map alrdy). Otherwise try to work the field and advance forward quickly. Use the semi active positions to spot the enemy first and wear them down a bit. After that you can push with allies, or use the passive bushes to spot from advanced positions.

Mavi
M'lady trollete

Unread post#4 » 09 Mar 2015 06:53

Move to public general?

Tyraforce
Pedobear
Pedobear

Unread post#5 » 09 Mar 2015 09:27

GJ, I was hoping somebody does that.

As for the 4k+ spotting missions, I was scouting whole day without getting even close as the teams were pretty retarded. It took only 5 games with 2 friends playing SPGs. It is important that you tell them what to shoot as sometimes it can be tricky to tell what tanks you are spotting.
Also, having at least 2 SPGs means you are likely to get 1k+ spotting on the enemy arties if the battle goes well and you remember not to kill them yourself.
Ufaklik: "All I got from F15 is to be marked as a pedobear" :pedobear:

EnslavedAtlas
Recruiter
Recruiter

Unread post#6 » 09 Mar 2015 09:40

Gj :ohyeah: .

Can You say why are You using vents over vert. stabs? I have optic-rammer-vert. stab. + food combination on my scouts. Is vetilation a replacement for food?
ImageImage

"Arties reduce the amount of possible camping spots " - Tyraforce 2014

Deceiver
Negative Creep
Negative Creep

Unread post#7 » 09 Mar 2015 09:43

Use vent+food bonus to everything than just accuracy
What...have you done...to...its eyes?

Kiwi__
Capwhore
Capwhore

Unread post#8 » 09 Mar 2015 09:57

Deceiver wrote:Use vent+food bonus to everything than just accuracy

I would only use this on scouts. The bonus that vents and food give is minimal compared to what you get out of a vstab.

Cpt_Shakesbeard

Unread post#9 » 09 Mar 2015 10:53

I use vents + bia and optionaly food when needed to max view range and reload.

groksan
Noob

Unread post#10 » 09 Mar 2015 11:09

optics+binocs = success

Return to “General Discussion (Offtopic)”