Tyra's Top Secret Project

Babbling incoherently
Tyraforce
Pedobear
Pedobear

Tyra's Top Secret Project

Unread post#1 » 04 Jan 2015 11:38

Hey,

I'll be posting the SPG map guides here in the public section before they go to FTR. There is curently a 6-men team reviewing this stuff but any additional help is definitely welcome.

What I'm looking for:
-corrections of wrong info or me stronk Inglisch (use comments here)
-suggestions of what I forgot to cover (feel free to download and draw in the maps)
-additions such as screenshots or replays
-moral support, adorations, gifts and love letters :trollface:

Important:
-If you decide to contribute, pls state if you want your nick published and what nick it should be.
-Pls, note what the deadline is - the guide will be sent to FTR the day after that

News:
-Changed the maps to add a bit of color

Current stuff to check:

PART2: Himmelsdorf
DEADLINE: TBA

According to statistics (LINK PLS http://www.vbaddict.net/statistics_maps ... mage_dealt), Himmelsdorf is the second worst arty map with only 1,175 average damage per tier 10 SPG.

Himmelsdorf – North
A0 CORNER POSITION

In my humble clicker opinion, this is one of the most brutal SPG position in the game. SPGs located here can deal massive damage to enemies clustered in F0 and G0 often splashing multiple tanks, getting bombardier medals and…well…dealing a massive amount of team damage.

As you can see, both version of HD are well ahead as far as team damage is concerned and not due to tier 1 tomatoes shooting each other (none of the other low tier maps made in into the top 5). The reason for so much team damage is that the arties at A0 hit the tanks cresting the hill around the D0 corner. What’s worse, most never notice and think the shell hit the hill on its way. The following pictures shows a bat arty (normal arc) aiming at the usual peek-a-boom spot (ya, I should have aimed a bit further but it wouldn't change the picture much ).

While shot A looks fairly safe, looking at the picture below you might want to reconsider it as even a slight turning of the hull would have pretty bad consequences.

Shot B fired when the line turned green doesn’t look much safer, does it?

The situation is pretty similar even when shooting the further G10 corner and is very common. I have seen a pretty nasty WTe100 1-shot TK. The WT driver started raging and spamming reports while the SPG driver wondered what had gone wrong. To avoid this, get the zoom mod and always zoom out so you can see the D0 “cresting” area as well as your target. Also, make sure no allies are moving around your trajectory on top of the hill as the shell is likely to fly really low even after it has passed the edge of the hill. If you’re driving a “real tank” make sure you check the A0 corner before you start poking over the top of the hill. Any arty but GC and FV304 has a decent chance of hitting you so stay clear as much as you can. This is IMHO the only important spot in the game where “real tanks” should be aware of their own SPGs and give them room to work.

The position can be used by most SPGs. Arties with high arc have a significant advantage while low arc SPGs struggle a lot. It is a very good spot to see what your arc is like when you get a new toy. It is also probably the easiest location to get the bombardier medal (might come in handy in the upcoming missions) and I remember a few ~4k dmg shots with my GWE here. The downside is the already mentioned team damage risk and the fact that any experienced arty driver will try to counter that position from anywhere he might be. Therefore, moving RIGHT after clicking is a must here and sitting all the way in the corner is not advised as some people put some blind shots there just in case.
Last edited by Tyraforce on 10 Jan 2015 01:41, edited 21 times in total.
Ufaklik: "All I got from F15 is to be marked as a pedobear" :pedobear:

Professor_Cunningham
Noob

Re: Tyra's Top Secret Project

Unread post#2 » 04 Jan 2015 15:53

When you posted this, the last picture didn't match the explanation, but you corrected that already.
Seem solid otherwise, 1 addidtion you can also Drive to H0 from the south side if you know the Rock at F9 is empty.

http://wotreplays.com/site/1493138#self

Couldn't hit anything that round, but you can see the position I'm talking about.

dacorny
Special Committee Member
Special Committee Member

Unread post#3 » 04 Jan 2015 16:00

That swamp tomato zone, is actually one of the best spotting zones.

From there you can see enemy arty going into their base, spot slower heavy tanks going left or right and give your teammates change to shot enemy tanks at the start, its risky, but worthy.
"Arties reduce the amount of possible camping spots " - Tyraforce 2014

El Presidente
His Majesty Lord Of the Coca Leaf Cultivators, Lacrymal the Ball-less
His Majesty Lord Of the Coca Leaf Cultivators, Lacrymal the Ball-less

Unread post#4 » 04 Jan 2015 16:18

just let it be marked as tomatoe zone, i dont want anyone revealing how i spot enemy arti in first 20s of game...
Hasta la Bamboo, Siempre!
lacryballs doesnt have what it takes to lead well organized clan, no offense. "smalldicked 2015"

dacorny
Special Committee Member
Special Committee Member

Unread post#5 » 04 Jan 2015 16:21

btw tyra, was it intention to post it in the general "public" part of the forum ?
"Arties reduce the amount of possible camping spots " - Tyraforce 2014

Rolliger_Ruediger
Pedobear
Pedobear

Unread post#6 » 04 Jan 2015 16:47

Tyraforce wrote:Hey,

I'll be posting the SPG map guides here in the public section before they go to FTR. There is curently a 5-men team reviewing this stuff but any additional help is definitely welcome.

Looks so, corny.

Tyraforce
Pedobear
Pedobear

Unread post#7 » 04 Jan 2015 16:51

Professor_Cunningham wrote:When you posted this, the last picture didn't match the explanation, but you corrected that already.
Seem solid otherwise, 1 addidtion you can also Drive to H0 from the south side if you know the Rock at F9 is empty.

I was reworking the maps from BW to color so I renamed some areas in the process. Should be fine now.

Cant you get spotted there from D0?
Last edited by Tyraforce on 04 Jan 2015 16:57, edited 1 time in total.

Tyraforce
Pedobear
Pedobear

Unread post#8 » 04 Jan 2015 16:53

True, but I don't think you should try hitting the scouts who go there and anything heavier is likely tomato.

dacorny wrote:That swamp tomato zone, is actually one of the best spotting zones.

From there you can see enemy arty going into their base, spot slower heavy tanks going left or right and give your teammates change to shot enemy tanks at the start, its risky, but worthy.

Tyraforce
Pedobear
Pedobear

Unread post#9 » 04 Jan 2015 16:55

dacorny wrote:btw tyra, was it intention to post it in the general "public" part of the forum ?

Yup, cuz I need it accesible for certain non-pandas and it's not really secret. I do appriciate panda input tho.

Professor_Cunningham
Noob

Unread post#10 » 04 Jan 2015 18:47

Tyraforce wrote:
Professor_Cunningham wrote:When you posted this, the last picture didn't match the explanation, but you corrected that already.

I was reworking the maps from BW to color so I renamed some areas in the process. Should be fine now.

Cant you get spotted there from D0?

Unlikely, as long as you don't use the bridge and cross a bit more to the south. If they have a scout with binos at D0 maybe you get spotted.
Maybe call it a high risk, high reward spot lol.

Return to “General Discussion (Offtopic)”